What is Miracast?
Miracast lets you wirelessly share content between one wifi-enabled device with another, even when a wifi network is not available. It mirrors exactly what’s on your screen – apps, videos, images, documents, presentations, Teeveeing – to your TV for easy viewing.
Is my device compatible with Miracast?
Miricast works across a range of devices including:
- Android phones and tablets running Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) and Android 5 (Lollypop).
- PC and laptops running Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.
- Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba or Panasonic smart TV’s.
- Amazon Fire TV Cube and Amazon Fire TV Stick.
If in doubt, check the box or online product description for mention of ‘Miracast-certified’.
Got an Android device running Android 6 (Marshmallow) or later? Try Chromecast.
Got an iOS device? Get Apple Airplay.
How do I watch Teeveeing with Miracast?
Here’s how to cast Teeveeing onto another screen with Miracast.
- Start watching live TV or a recording in Teeveeing.
- Click the ‘Cast’ icon in the player navbar.
- Select the device on which to cast.
Teeveeing will begin casting to the selected device.
Try these troubleshooting tips:
- Ensure all devices are ‘Miracast-certified’.
- Ensure all devices are connected to the same Wifi network.
- Ensure the Wifi network has a strong signal.